Why I Joined The Community Foundation
Michaela’s career in fundraising spans decades, beginning in New York City and Long Island. Michaela founded a boutique fundraising firm in East Hampton NY in the 1990s, eventually bringing her expertise to Palm Beach County full-time in 2010. Michaela completed a five-phase, $22 million campus redevelopment project for St. Mark’s Episcopal Church & School in Palm Beach Gardens and created St. Mark’s inaugural development department. She stayed on as Director of Development for six years then joined the consulting firm of Charlotte Pelton & Associates as SVP of Fundraising & Marketing where she managed multiple capital campaigns for clients such as Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, Boynton Cultural Centre Inc., and Palm Beach North Athletic Foundation before joining the Foundation.
- Family Promise of North Central Palm Beach County Board of Directors
- Development Committee for Community Partners of South Florida
- Campaign Steering Committee for Busch Wildlife Sanctuary
- C.A.R.P. Annual Luncheon Committee
- Memberships includes Association of Fundraising Professionals, Association of Women Executives, Northern Palm Beaches Cultural Alliance